We produce many of the most technologically advanced forgings in the world for a variety of demanding applications, such as hot-section components for jet engines and structural components for commercial and defense aircraft, helicopters, launch vehicles and more.
ATI is a fully integrated in the development and production of high-performance, near-net-shape powder metal products and materials for jet engines, airframe parts, rocket engines and other aerospace applications.
An advanced, cold metal forming process used to manufacture dimensionally precise, thin wall, seamless, round, hollow components.
Benefits of Flow Forming
- Net-shaping forming, reduces material waste
- Economical alternative to machining bar and/or heavy wall forgings
All flowformed pieces have:
- Refined microstructure
- Tailored cold worked properties
- Extremely concentric wall thicknesses
- No seams or welds
Flowformed pieces can have:
- Varying wall thicknesses
- Thin walls regardless of diameters
- Large length to diameter ratios